Posted on October 23, 2016 19:03
Measures to support small-scale fisheries in European waters of the Mediterranean Sea
Click here for Invitation
On November 2nd 2016, at 16:00 an informative seminar will be held at ‘Crowne Plaza Hotel’ in Limassol for the project with the title ‘MEASURES TO SUPPORT SMALL SCALE FISHERIES’ (MARE / 2014/04 -SI2.723876) funded by European Commission and the Directorate-General for Maritime Affairs and Fisheries. The aim of the seminar would be the empowerment of the small scale fisheries sector.
The seminar will include the presentation of:
• The project (objectives, actions, findings illustrate the utility and role of the questionnaire on the implementation and completeness of the project).
• The Advisory Council for the Mediterranean (MEDAC) (tasks under the CFP, composition, function, level of representation) other bodies and organizations relevant to fishing operation (national, European, others).
• The local issues / fisheries issues, with particular reference to small-scale coastal fishing - fishing organizations / activities.
• The fishermen Funding opportunities and collective organizations under the EMFF.
• Discussion/completion of questionnaires
The seminar is organized by AP MARINE Environmental Consultancy Ltd which specialises in providing scientific expertise and services supporting ecological monitoring and assessment studies in fisheries, aquaculture and the marine environment. The AP MARINE is one of the contractors of the EU pilot project which represents Cyprus. In the seminar they will attend a representative of the Department of Fisheries and Marine Research (DFMR), representatives of the company APC s.a. (Greek consulting company, contractor and responsible for the coordination of the EU pilot project) fishermen from all registered categories (A, B, C) and Fishery Associations.